Information for Booked Guests
IMPORTANT DATES, LOCATIONS, AND TIMES
Departure Date: Saturday, March 3, 2018
Departure City: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Embarkation/Pier: Terminal 21
Ship: Celebrity Summit
Boarding Commencement Time: 11:30 am
Ship Departure Time: 4:00 pm
Mandatory Boarding Time: All Guests must be on the ship no later than 2:30 pm
Return Date: Thursday March 8, 2018
Return Time: 7:00 am
(All times are EST)
CELEBRITY ONLINE CHECK-IN
We strongly recommend guests complete their check-in online in order to greatly speed up the boarding process in the terminal.
You can check in online for the ‘70s Rock & Romance Cruise here. Enter your Celebrity Booking Number and any additional information requested – your booking number will be emailed to you approximately 8 weeks prior to sailing. If you need assistance, please call our office at 844-466-7625. Once you have checked in online, you are able to book excursions, purchase drink packages, make spa appointments, dinner reservations and more.
Deadline to check-in online is close of business February 27, 2018. If you do not complete your Online Check-in, you will be required to complete this process at the pier on March 3, 2018.
Celebrity requires ALL guests to PRESENT a VALID PASSPORT book from their country of origin at check-in. There are no substitutes for this requirement. A valid passport is one that expires more than 6 months after the date the cruise disembarks. Since the date of disembarkation is March 8, 2018, all passports must be valid through September 8, 2018. Guests with Non-US passports are responsible for obtaining whatever visas they need to disembark at any and all of the ports-of-call.
TRANSPORTATION FROM THE FLORIDA AIRPORTS TO THE PIER
Suggested ground transportation options to get you to/from Port Everglades terminal:
- Celebrity Cruises offers arrival shuttle service and departure shuttle service: To book transfers prior to the cruise please call Celebrity Cruises call center at 800-963-0311 and mention you are sailing with the ‘70s Rock & Romance Cruise.
- Taxi from Ft. Lauderdale airport. (Approximately $25).
- Taxi from Miami airport. (Approximately $75).
NOTE: Port Everglades is approximately 15 minutes away from the Fort Lauderdale airport and approximately 40 minutes away from the Miami airport. It is your responsibility to arrive at the ship in time for the departure and to secure your transportation at the end of our cruise.
TRANSPORTATION FROM RENAISSANCE HOTEL TO THE PIER
Start your cruise stress free! For those guests who have booked their stay the night before the cruise in the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel, we provide luggage service and motor coach transportation on the day of the cruise from the hotel to the seaport at $14 per person. We will load your baggage onto the motorcoach, and then, under your watchful eye, deliver it to the porters upon arrival at the port.
To add Hotel Transfers to your existing reservation, simply log in to your StarVista LIVE account and add Hotel Transfers. Pre-registration will be available until February 23, 2018. After that time, StarVista LIVE representatives will be in the lobby of the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel on March 2nd and the morning of March 3rd to register any guests interested in this service. The fee will then be added to your shipboard account.
Long Term Parking at the Pier
Port Everglades offers on-site covered parking for $15 per day. Please follow the signs to the midport garage.
Handicap parking is complimentary only if there are ADA modifications done to the vehicle such as: hand controls, extended pedals, wheelchair ramp, etc. Also, 100% Disabled Veterans with ADA license placard will receive complimentary parking.
For more information go to http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/parking/
Premier Parking With Park N’ Go
Park N’ Go is a self-uncovered parking with free shuttle to cruise ship terminal. Call 954-760-4525 and use rate code RNR18 to get a special rate of $9.50 per day. This also includes a courtesy round-trip shuttle to the cruise terminal. Reservations must be made 14 days prior to departure date to get the special ‘70s Rock & Romance Cruise rate.
Click here for more information.
BOARDING THE SHIP
Boarding will commence at approximately 11:30am. Lunch will be served in the Oceanview Café on deck 10 upon boarding. Carry all essential personal items (medications, passport, id, etc.) with you when you board. Please keep in mind that the luggage delivery operations will run into the evening hours.
'70s ROCK & ROMANCE CRUISE PROGRAMS
To help you better prepare for the Feel Good Party at Sea, we are excited to announce that we will post some of our shows and event schedule on the ‘70s Rock & Romance Cruise website. Click here to see a brief schedule of events. We hope this enables you to better plan your spa appointments and dining reservations around the events you want to attend. Check it regularly for updates as we fine-tune our schedule.
In addition to the Theme Nights, during the course of the cruise we will have the following special events:
- Special Q&As and panel discussions are in store!
- All Access Pass Live Interviews – Join our Cruise Host, Jason Venner, in the RendezVous Lounge at 4:00pm to learn more, ask questions, and be part of the live TV audience for these interview shows about some of the artists onboard.
- Women’s Seminar – Take this opportunity to gain insight into the lives of the ladies onboard. Your Host, Delilah, will guide you through an interactive seminar to learn more about the ‘70s, life on the road, and other unique stories from your favorite female entertainers.
- T-Shirt Party - Join us at the pool on Sunday for a special performance by our Abbey Road on the River rock band, All You Need Is Love. Wear your official 2018 ‘70s Rock & Romance Cruise T-Shirt and enjoy complimentary soda, punch, beer and wine during the show.
- Renewal of Vows - $48.50/couple. Unique to StarVista LIVE cruises, we offer a special celebrity-led renewal of vows for ‘70s Rock & Romance guests celebrating an anniversary or those couples that just want to celebrate being in love. This special reception will take place on Wednesday, late afternoon while at sea, and includes a photo with the special celebrity officiant, certificate, cake and champagne toast. Availability is limited. Log in to your StarVista LIVE account to Add On this as an option. To sign up onboard, stop by the ‘70s Rock & Romance Cruise Hospitality Desk on Deck 3, midship. Once onboard, this cost will be added to your shipboard account.
- Halleck Vineyard Wine Tasting. $39.99/person. Join Ross Halleck of Halleck Vineyard to enjoy a knowledgeable and fun hour learning about their specialty wine, vineyard, and food pairings. Availability is limited. Log in to your StarVista LIVE account to Add On this as an option. To sign up onboard, stop by the ‘70s Rock & Romance Cruise Hospitality Desk on Deck 3, midship. Once onboard, this cost will be added to your shipboard account.
'70s ROCK & ROMANCE CRUISE ATTIRE
The overall dress theme for the cruise is “smart casual”.
Daytime attire is not subject to limitations, so guests may dress in appropriate and tasteful clothing of their choosing. Cover-ups and footwear are required in all indoor venues and dining areas.
Evening attire is casual attire. Casual Attire is upscale clothing typically worn at fine resorts (sometimes called “smart” or “resort” casual), but no shorts, tank tops or t-shirts. Denim is acceptable attire. On the ‘70s Rock & Romance Cruise we like to dress to reflect our feelings about the music of the time, and of this cruise. Our different theme nights will offer you an opportunity to dress up in theme appropriate clothing.
PARTIES AND LATE-NIGHT THEMES
Each evening, and on Sunday afternoon, we will accent our music with a theme, which we hope you will enjoy. While it is not mandatory to dress in the theme, we encourage you to have some fun and plan some outfits! The themes are as follows:
Saturday, March 3, Ft. Lauderdale:
- Sail-Away Party – Join us at the Lido Pool on Deck 10 for the ultimate Sail-Away Party with fun and dancing as we depart Fort Lauderdale and begin our Feel Good Party at Sea!
- Nightly Theme: Welcome to the 2018 ‘70s Rock & Romance Cruise—No special outfits required. Get unpacked and settled in for the cruise ahead!
Sunday, March 4, At Sea:
- T-Shirt Party! – Your first big, official “all hands on deck” party! An afternoon with a poolside performance by our Abbey Road on the River rock band, All You Need Is Love with select FREE drinks at the Pool when you come dressed in your ‘70s Rock & Romance Cruise T-Shirt.
- Nightly Theme: ’70s Rock & Romance Gala Night - Dress in your finest attire for Gala Night, a memorable evening to dine, drink and dance the night away to your favorite tunes of the ‘70s.
Monday, March 5, – Falmouth, Jamaica:
- Nightly Theme: ‘70s Classic TV & Movie Character Costume Party – What was your TV table sitcom? Or your cherished movie star to see on the big screen? Bring your favorite characters to life on the Pool Deck tonight as we remember the iconic TV Shows and Movies of the ‘70s. We encourage everyone to participate as prizes will be awarded for BEST COSTUME!
Tuesday, March 6 – George Town Grand Cayman:
- Nightly Theme: Costume Night – ‘70s Disco FEVER – It’s your time to shine on the dance floor. Bring out your ‘70s best for a Disco Party under the stars.
Wednesday, March 7 – At Sea:
- Nightly Theme: Farewell Night…Until Next Year! A celebration of the bittersweet feelings for the last night at sea. Wear whatever is still clean.
HOSPITALITY AND SALES AREAS
The StarVista LIVE staff, including some of the very same folks whom you have been working with to make your reservations and answering your questions all year, will be there to assist you. Please stop by and say hello! The ‘70s Rock & Romance Cruise Hospitality Desk is located on Deck 3 Midship next to Celebrity Cruises Guest Services. Having so much fun that you want to book another cruise? Visit us at the StarVista LIVE sales office located on Deck 5, midship, in the Future Cruise area.
Your 2018 Rock & Romance Cruise T-Shirts will be delivered to your stateroom the first night at turndown, and are based on the size you requested at the time of booking. If the T-Shirt you received does not match the size you gave us, please bring it to the Hospitality Desk prior to the Sunday afternoon T-Shirt Party and we will happily exchange it, pending availability. Hours of operation will be listed onboard.
CELEBRITY SUMMIT SMOKING POLICY
For the comfort and enjoyment of our guests, Celebrity ships are designated as non-smoking; however, we recognize that some of our guests smoke. Therefore, to provide an onboard environment that also satisfies smokers, there are designated areas of the ship considered "smoking areas." Generally, smoking is not permitted except in designated areas. (Contact Guest Relations for additional details). This policy includes smoking-like products such as electronic cigarettes. Smoking is not permitted inside any stateroom, nor on any stateroom veranda. If you are in violation of this policy, a cleaning fee of $250.00 USD will be applied to your SeaPass® account and you may be subject to further action.
Celebrity Cruises kindly asks all guests to please observe the non-smoking areas and to refrain from smoking cigarettes, pipes or cigars in any of the non-designated areas. These requests are made to provide a comfortable shipboard environment for everyone. Where permitted, cigarettes, cigars and pipe tobacco must always be properly disposed of and never thrown overboard. A guest must be at least 18 years of age to purchase, possess or use tobacco.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
Included in Cruise Fare
- Cosmopolitan Restaurant The airy and contemporary main restaurant, offers up to 29 exquisite selections, with most changing every night to give you a rich variety of classic and contemporary choices. Open for breakfast and dinner nightly and lunch on sea days.
- As you check in at the terminal on March 3rd, you will be given your Ship Identification Card, which will either be Silver (Early Dinner Seating) or Gold (Late Dinner Seating).
- Your selection of either Early Dinner Seating or Late Dinner Seating has been made to ensure that each seating is equal in size. Though this is important for the dining room, it is critical in terms of seating for the main shows in the Celebrity Theater. Early Dining is at 6:00pm and Late Dining is at 8:30pm.
- Dining for each seating will be open seating, meaning that once guests have their full party together, they should proceed to the Cosmopolitan Restaurant on Deck 4 to be seated.
- In the spirit of the Rock and Romance Cruise, guests with smaller parties will be seated with other guests.
- Guests who have previously made dining requests with our office should proceed to the Cosmopolitan Restaurant on Deck 5 with their party and will be seated at their assigned table.
- Please note as both dinner seatings are completely full, we will be unable to accommodate any requests to switch dinner seatings.
- If you have special dietary restrictions, please call the StarVista LIVE reservation office at 844-466-7625 by February 17th so we can inform the ship and accommodate those requests.
Premium Dining Options - Additional charges apply
- Café al Bacio & Gelateria If only your local coffee shop had ocean views like these. Savor a cup of freshly brewed coffee or a delightful liqueur in this lively European-style coffee house. Or treat yourself to the Gelateria, where sumptuous Italian ices and gelatos are prepared afternoon and evening. Located Deck 5. A la carte menu pricing.
- Qsine Qsine® offers a culinary journey that delivers elements of surprise and delight. A James Beard featured Master Chef created Qsine to give you something you've never experienced before—on land or at sea. Leave any preconceived notions behind. Dig in and try new things. It's time your palate got a wakeup call. Our iPad® menus make your dining experience even more fun and interactive. Located Deck 11. Reservations recommended*. $45 USD per person.
- Sushi on Five Sushi on Five satisfies your craving for extremely fresh, locally sourced, lovingly handled, and authentically prepared fish and veggies. Its menu has been crafted by expert sushi chef Yoshikazu "Yoshi" Okada, originally from Japan, now a restaurateur in Hollywood. Located Deck 5. Reservations recommended.* A la carte menu pricing.
- Tuscan Grille Take the traditional style and artisanal flair of Italy, add contemporary influences, and serve the cuisine in abundance. It's all part of the expansive character of Tuscan Grille. Located Deck 3. Reservations recommended.* $45 USD per person.
*Reservations can be made through Celebrity Cruises once you have checked in online or from your stateroom once onboard.
Other Dining Options Included In Cruise Fare
- Mast Grill The perfect place to grab a quick bite, like burgers and other specialties grilled to order, while groovin’ out at the pool. Located on deck 11.
- Oceanview Café Don't let anyone tell you different: soaking up the sun’s rays and attending all these concerts really works up an appetite. Luckily, Oceanview Café is located just a short walk from the pool on deck 10. Enjoy a delicious meal in a casual setting, before you head back to the music.
- Spa Café With a menu that features delicious, light, health-conscious fare, the Spa Café located on deck 10 in the Solarium is a great way to reward treat yourself.
- *24-hour In-Room Dining Celebrity offers 24-hour in-stateroom dining.
*The service is complimentary, except when ordered between 11:00pm-6:00am. There is a $4.95 fee per room service order during these late night hours. For Suite guests, it’s complimentary* 24 hours a day.
Bar Service Offerings
- Beverage Packages: Celebrity Cruises has several alcoholic and non-alcoholic Beverage Packages ranging in price. For more information on these packages, including the price and package offerings, visit the Celebrity Cruises website.
- Cellar Masters: Inspired by the vineyards of the world, Cellar Masters brings to life the experience of a global wine tour, while you learn about and taste a large variety of wines from around the world. A welcoming and unique onboard environment, you'll discover new wines, receive recommendations and enrich your knowledge of the world of wine. Located on deck 5.
- Martini Bar & Crush: On the totally cool, ice-topped bar, Celebrity’s talented bartenders put on a high-energy show preparing an intriguing menu of classic and contemporary martinis. Sit back in the contemporary plush high-back chairs and enjoy a collection of classic and rare vodkas and a portfolio of fine caviars. Located on deck 4.
- Mast Bar: Energetic, lively and casual; a large poolside spot for light and refreshing cocktails, frozen specialties and non-alcoholic offerings, from sunup to sundown. Located on deck 11.
- Sunset Bar: For a break from all the action, watch the sun set on the water as we cruise to future destinations at this low-key bar. Located on deck 10.
ACTIVITIES AND SERVICES
Canyon Ranch SpaClub* Follow the scent of aromatic oils, the irresistible beat of a dance class, the contagious energy of a lively gym and the purr of oh-so happy spa goers - it all leads to Canyon Ranch SpaClub®, an onboard experience like no other. Located on deck 10. For more information, visit Celebrity Cruise Line’s website.
Celebrity iLounge This is Celebrity's chic, new approach to the Internet lounge that's also the first Authorized Apple® Specialist at Sea. Here, you'll find state-of-the-art MacBook Pros® and iMacs® where you can take a class, check your email, surf the web or print a boarding pass. Celebrity now has the fastest internet at Sea – Xcelerate. Certified staff will help you master the latest applications. Located on deck 6. For more information on internet packages, visit Celebrity Cruise Line’s website.
Emporium Celebrity's European-inspired piazza and elegant galleria hold riches of chic sophistication. Marble walkways lead you to modern boutiques and fine jewelry stores, where you'll discover prestigious watch brands, stunning fashions, exquisite gems, cosmetics, fragrances and more. Located on deck 5.
Fitness Center Go ahead, enjoy all the fantastic food — then hit the gym or a class, so you'll stay shipshape. Take advantage of daily fitness classes, or work out on the gym's state-of-the-art equipment. Have a personal consultation with a wellness professional on exercise, diet and lifestyle. Located on deck 10.
Fortune's Casino Fortune’s Casino offers the hottest slots and table games in sophisticated, Vegas-style settings. Enjoy a variety of games for all levels. Located on deck 4.
Rooftop Terrace Enjoy the chic Rooftop Terrace with soundscape, and movie screen, where you can kick back and catch a flick under the stars with theme cocktails and snacks. The inviting scene welcomes you with cozy furnishings and artistic elements. It's the trendiest hot spot at sea. Located on deck 12.
Solarium Find true poolside serenity at the Celebrity Solarium. Featuring a gorgeous lap pool, sparkling waterfalls, thickly padded lounge chairs, and an adults-only policy, tranquility is always just a few steps away. Located on deck 10.
Once you have completed your online check-in, you may book your excursions directly on the Celebrity website. We recommend that you book your excursions as early as possible, due to the fact that many of the popular excursions sell out quickly. Celebrity Cruises provides confirmation at time of booking shore excursions. Here are a few recommended excursions for your consideration:
Dolphin Cove Aquatic Encounter Duration: 4 hours | Departure Time: 10:00am | Price: $79/Adult
Get ready to meet some of Jamaica’s friendliest and most diverse land and sea life with a day spent interacting with the resident dolphins at the fabulous Dolphin Cove. Upon arrival enjoy a complimentary fruity drink and a brief orientation by your skilled trainers. You’ll then enjoy approximately 30 minutes with the dolphins while standing among the safety of a chest-high submerged platform. Pucker up, because they’ll even plant wet kisses on your cheek! Back ashore you can relax at your leisure, whether it’s paddling around in a glass-bottom kayak, swimming alongside gentle stingrays in Stingray Lagoon, or sunbathing beachside on your complimentary lounger. Or take a walk along the Jungle Trail, where you’ll meet native wildlife including tropical birds, iguanas, and snakes before watching an entertaining shark show. To round out the day, stroll along the boardwalk of Little Port Royal, Jamaica’s largest gift shop, to purchase a bounty of authentic souvenirs from your visit to the island.
A Day in the Life of Bob Marley Duration: 7 hours | Departure Time: 9:30am | Price: $109/Adult
Bob Marley is synonymous with Jamaica, and this tour takes you to the childhood home and resting place of the Reggae King. Sit back and enjoy the legend’s greatest hits as you drive to the mountain village of Nine Miles, where Marley was both born and laid to rest. Learn about his life and passion for music and peace. Stop at a traditional Jerk Shack and kick back for some real island cooking.
Dunn’s River Transfer Duration: 5 hours 30 minutes | Departure Time: 10:15am | Price: $64/Adult
Climb the world-renowned Dunn’s River Falls where water cascades nearly 1,000 feet down and into the ocean. The Falls are located near Ochos Rios. The area is known as the location for the legendary battle of “Las Chorreras,” which was fought in 1657. Ascend the natural stone staircase hand-in-hand through the tropical paradise and brace yourself as you pass beautiful panoramic views and flora and fauna. Then, prepare to get wet as your guide points out pools or lagoons for a cool and refreshing swim. You’ll also have the option of people-watching and snapping photos at the observation deck that’s adjacent to the Falls. On your return to the ship, stop at a local restaurant where you will be able to purchase lunch. If time permits, at the discretion of the tour guide there will be a short stop for shopping on the way back to the ship.
GEORGE TOWN, GRAND CAYMAN
Stingray City Sandbar and Rum Point Beach Safari Duration: 4 hours 30 minutes | Departure Time: 1:00pm | Price: $69/Adult
Interact and play with the incredible wild stingrays at Stingray City on this once-in-a-lifetime wildlife encounter. From the pier, board our air-conditioned motor coach to the docks where you’ll hop on our boat for a scenic ride through the North Sound. Sit back, relax, and take in the views during the 30-minute ride to the Stingray City Sandbar. Here, wade in the 3 to 4-feet-deep water. Swim, snorkel, or soak in the warm sea and experience an up-close encounter with the magnificent wild stingrays of Stingray City. Hold, pet, and rub the bellies of these animals. Kiss a stingray for 7 years’ good luck. Learn about these gentle creatures while interacting with them in their wild environment. Have your picture taken with the stingrays. Then, board your boat and sip a refreshing glass of lemonade, fruit punch, or water. Finally, you’ll travel to the stunning Rum Point Beach.
Trolley Roger Duration: 1 hour | Departure Time: 12:00pm | Price: $29/Adult
Embark on a swashbuckling trolley tour of Grand Cayman on this adventure led by a pirate. Then, sit back, relax, and enjoy a leisurely ride through downtown George Town, while learning about the island’s colorful past. Your open-air trolley will take you past some of the oldest and most iconic buildings in the Grand Cayman. See the charming residential area of South Sound and admire classic Caymanian houses, nestled in stunning gardens of tropical trees and flowers. Listen to island legends and learn about pirate visitors, like Sir Francis Drake and the infamous Blackbeard. You’ll enjoy a short visit to Smith Cove, a lovely white sand beach, followed by a drive down a scenic coastal road. Have your camera ready for a photo of the magnificent McCoy Villa. The journey ends in George Town, where you can browse the shops for "pirate’s booty".
Dolphin Encounter and 7 Mile Beach Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes | Departure Time: 12:30pm | Price: $89/Adult
Enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime up-close encounter with a dolphin, followed by time to unwind and relax at the beautiful Royal Palms at Seven Mile Beach. During this exhilarating dolphin encounter experience, you'll stand on a submerged platform and have the opportunity to interact with a dolphin. Learn about their behavior while petting, playing, and swimming with these gentle marine mammals. Then, you'll journey to the exquisite Royal Palms Resort, located on the world famous Seven Mile Beach. Sit back and relax in a complimentary beach chair while working on your tan, or take a swim in the warm crystal clear ocean.
CELEBRITY THEATER PERFORMANCES
The major nightly shows will be performed in the Celebrity Theater, which comfortably holds half of our guests. For this reason, every mainstage act will perform twice during the week, sometimes on different days. Admission to these shows will be divided between those holding Silver Identification Cards (those who dine at Early Seating and then go to the show) and those holding Gold Identification Cards (those who go to the show first and then dine at the Late Seating).
CELEBRITY THEATER POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
To ensure that the entry and seating procedures for the ’70s Rock & Romance Cruise are both fair and easy, we have adopted the following policies and procedures.
- There are four entrances to the Celebrity Theater on the Summit. They include the following entry points to the Celebrity Theater: Deck 4 (Portside and Starboard) and Deck 5 (Portside and Starboard).
- You must present your Identification Card to enter the theater. This card also serves as your charge card and room key, so everyone should have that card with them at all times.
- Celebrity Summit staff will be posted at every entrance to check your Identification Card. Guests will select their seats in the Celebrity Theater on a first-come, first-served basis. StarVista LIVE staff will be located inside the Celebrity Theater to assist with any seating concerns.
- Since both the General Admission and Special Assistance Guests are admitted on a first-come, first-served basis, it is likely that guests will line up at the various entrances in anticipation of the shows. Guests are asked to line up in a respectful manner and each guest may reserve one (1), and only one place in line for your traveling companion. Guests who attempt to “swell the line” or otherwise interfere with the fair and safe entry into the Celebrity Theater may risk forfeiting their right to enter the Celebrity Theater for that show or other shows.
- The taking of flash photos and the recording of the shows violates our contracts with the performers. Since it is impossible to easily discern what type of equipment can record, no electronic equipment of any kind will be allowed in the Celebrity Theater during the shows.